Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 March 2019

Winter Tanners

The Tanners is the beginning of the running year. 31 miles and 3500ft of mud and sweat. Today was unusually warm. It has been inches deep in snow in recent years but this year was less inclement.

I have been battling PF in my right foot for 6 months now. To suggest to the reader that I am anything other than F***ed off would be an understatement. I am racing for the first time in a pair of Hoka Stinson ATR in size 12.5. They seem a little stiff but it was the first outing in these as they arrived the day before.

What was good was that I ran with Dave Barker from the running club in Tunbridge Wells and Simon Culver from work. We ran together the whole way. Usually on these races I am in front of Zoltan. I've only ever run with him twice, but on race paces, he is about the same as me. This time we were over 35 mins behind. This is probably the PF effect. No doubt I am returning to fitness, but via the long road. It began to grumble at mile 14. 3 hours later it was painful but I managed it over the line. 30.5 miles of Sussex countryside. Marathon 98. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment