Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 October 2019

High Weald Challenge - 28 miles #102

Not to be confused with the High Weald 50k, this is a lovely local run organised by the LDWA. Out of about 90 starters I picked out old running legend Robert Cameron Wood...the running doctor. I've run probably 30 or so races with him and we always have a bit of a catch up. I think he is on his way to 500 marathons now...such is his prowess!

A low key start. Off from Forest Row. I am keen to explore as many local ultras as possible and this was on the other side of the Ashdown, somewhere I had not run the southern part before.

Slightly dodgy instructions and a GPX file from a wanderer helped us the more miles than this was supposed to be. I had 29.9 at the end of the race. More tailwind.....no problems. Great.

I probably was bothered in the last 3-4 miles....however a downhill finish saw me over the line in 6th.


No comments:

Post a Comment