Total Pageviews

Friday 17 May 2013

No picnic.....12 hours before the Norman Conquest 50

I've been busy at work....so busy I nearly forgot to photocopy the Landranger maps. 3 maps will be used on this 50 mile ultra...however 2 of the maps have copied down onto 2 x A4 as there are only a few miles on each. it will likely be an unmarked trail on the Wealdway, Saxon Shore and 1066 routes. There are some off trail parts so I want to ensure that I am fully prepped.

Last time I was on the Ashdown Forest, it was for a picnic.....years ago and it was sunny. This is likely to be a wet event so I've switched from the usual road shoes to my trusty Inov8 Trailroc 255s and am travelling light (only the mandatory kit and some juice and a little bit of snackage) so everything else will be stock up at the CPs on the way.

This is new territory but I like new. I don't know who else is in but is going to be a great day running.

Let's go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment