Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 December 2013

More ultra coverage

I was checking the race calendar for 2014. Now for 2013 it was a case of....."I'm going to do a 50 miler next week, OK?" or "I've got a cheeky trail marathon coming up on Sunday" with which the beautiful Mrs UB would reply...."OK, as long as you are home by 2 as we have people coming for lunch......and pick up some milk on the way back"

Now 2014 is about to start with a promise from 2013...."Of course you can do the Winter Tanners" to something more abrupt in reply. I am planning my races and events around the 3 of us now. There are a couple of Blue Riband events I would like to squeeze in; those that I have done before and cherish, those that are on my bucket list and some new events too.



It was a surprise to see my good running buddy Ultra Ewan and myself Spread across the front of Stu Mills website as I was checking out the inaugural Weald Trail Challenge 50km race. It looks like a good race mixing up some old territory and new trails for me. Nice to see that I'm getting some coverage despite my up and down year. This race was the highlight of my calendar with the 2nd place podium. http://www.trailrunningsussex.co.uk/trailraces.html

Looking at the photo in this lead group at CP2 was eventual winner Johnny Melbourne but the others were dropped fairly soon after this and eventual 4th place must have overtaken them as he doesn't appear in the pic. Nor does the nutter French fella who despite being dropped from this lead group 3-4 miles back, was ALREADY AT CP2!!

Good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment