Total Pageviews

Friday 8 January 2010

New Challenges

OK, so the snow is dissapating and just before dinner in Battersea I am contemplating the challenges for the year. ITB doesn't hurt after 75k of snow running in xc boots over the last 5 days. hopefully if we have a good turnout at the club tomorrow morning I can make it my first 100k week in a couple of months.

The challenges are London to Brighton 56 miles XC on 5th Spetember, that is if I can get a place......which should be in order seen as I am the runner on www.erxtremerunning.org Doyen of the Downs page advertising their great race!!

The more interesting challenge is a birthday one.....3 Marathons in 3 weeks. Bungay Black Dog; a road marathon which, all being well might see a PB (I don't ofen run road marathons) of sub 3.20. Then, a new race for me, the South Downs Marathon on the same day as London Marathon. Finally the 3 Forts Marathon (a pocket ultra XC 27.1 miles) to finish it off. I gained 21st place here last year and that is my best finish....but also a lovely lovely race where my friends Simi and Anouck came to meet me at the finish with a cider! Can't wait for this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment