Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 January 2010

Snow, Snow and more Snow

While the weather forecast has been doom and gloom, I have never seen so much snow in London in the 12 years I have lived here, nor can I remember it being this prolonged or cold. Some might say that this inclement cold front is enough to put off the street pounders but NO! Back into the swing of things after New Year and it's extravagances, it is back to no red meat, no alcohol, plenty of fruit and veg and low GI carbs. The energy has come back and I have been out and run 60km in the last few days, almost all in the snow.

Although school was closed and I spent most of the day catching up on admin, I met up with George and Chris (not until the final England v SA ball had been bowled and England; Onions and Swann, rescued us against the Yarpies) and after donning the Roclite 312 GTX XC shoes, we were cruising through the streets of London faster than all other pedestrians and also cars! An 18km snow run felt like 18 miles and new muscles were used to gain motion through frozen climes. Brilliant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment