Total Pageviews

Monday 15 February 2010

The only way is up

Down is the feeling when I awoke. First day of half term and I should have been feeling better. Well I am back into the swing of things, well the first 2 miles was hard, it felt like I had never run before and then I looked at the Garmin and it said 7.12s. Slow down, slow down and I made it to a full 5.5 miles before the pain kicked in. I wonder what is up. Cartilage feels more likely that tendons or muscles. Constant grind. Well I decided to head to the gym and an hour of cardio and some weights followed by a swim and sauna sorted me right out. I have now pulled out of the Sussex Beacon Half. I had intended to draft George as it is his favourite race, and he is desperate to hit a PB on this. I feel gutted that I won't be doing this or even running for myself. I feel that keeping it short and improving my cardio fitness and keeping supple is the way forward. Long miles will have to wait. I think 20 days until the Steyning Stinger will sort me out. I am willing myself to get to this marathon and be knee-healthy. It is what I want.

Having said that I am going to enjoy the half term, take photos, work out, see friends and chillax. Mentally I am on the up. It is only a matter of time before I hit the marathon trail and aspire to the huge task of the summer 85 miler. Can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment