Total Pageviews

Monday 2 January 2012

New Footwear needed

I've just ordered some new footwear. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a shoe fetishist.......well Jezza would disagree, however I do own 2 pairs of Asics Cumulus that have done about 800 miles per pair. I also have a pair of Brooks Ghost that have now done 300 miles and I won't be buying another pair as the wide fitting is fairly narrow. I have my lovely Inov8 road-lites for minimalist stuff that I am trying to get into...oh and there are the Trabucos for trail running. I haven't been getting on with these either. They gave me my first blister in 3 years at the Gatliff 50k !!

So I am trying 2 new pairs of trail shoes.....Salomon 3D XA Pro which should be in the post this week and a pair of Saucony Peregrine. The Saucony look the nuts weighing in at just 260g for a pair of trail shoes! The Salomon are a bit overpriced and I've heard nothing good about their customer service from friends.

Anyway, today was a tale of 2 runs. Run#1 was a nice 8 mile trot and chit-chat with Sue and Glen this morning, with run#2 a set of continuous hills with a bit of fartlek thrown in for 5 miles as I prepare to go back to work tomorrow.

After the quick last mile at Serpentine 10k yesterday, the thought of speed at least once a week is creeping into my running agenda. I don't think that is a bad thing, as long as injury does not ensue.

It is running club handicap tomorrow so this now looks like 3 days of speed in a week. Bring on that long run on Saturday morning.....after Parkrun (which is another session of speed!)

Help!

Via Flickr:
first time fiddling with the controls in a move towards lomography. i will be ebaying a holga or similar soon. i love the effect

No comments:

Post a Comment