Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 April 2012

Green Belt Relay planning meeting

It was up and out of bed early this morning and over to Di and Dave's house for a fry up of legendary proportions (they were cooking for 20!) as we planned the GBR teams. With military precision, the dinning room was akin to a War Room with maps, stickers and colour coded everything. 2 strong coffees and a second helping of fry up nurtured my birthday hangover around.


I have been lucky enough to be chosen for the fast team, although have relinquished my usual responsibilities of running the hardest and longest stages on each day to one of the faster boys. I am going to bury the ghost of getting lost on Tatsfield-Merstham leg on day 2 and have yet to be decided upon for day 1.

After the big breakfast it was up to Harpenden to celebrate running club Lily's birthday at her families fantastic restaurant, Charlies with the rest of DPR.


With a belly full of lashings of Chinese food and fizzy pop, the drive home and a tiring weekend, I had to don my gear for a quick run. All I wanted to do was to go out and run fast....so I did. I only ran 4 miles but the idea, after a warm up mile up Crystal Palace hill was to run fast and flat and I did, at 6.18s. Felt much better afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment