Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 March 2012

104 days to the SDW100

What will you change? by ultraBobban
What will you change?, a photo by ultraBobban on Flickr.

With just over 100 days until the SDW100, I need to make some changes to the regime so that I can make it through the physical and mental strain of the whole of the South Downs Way.

I'm the lightest mass I have been for a couple of years. But this needs to drop by another 3-4kg. I have been a bit laissez-faire with my diet for the past month, something that I have been noticing as I have been working later and having less time to cook and enjoy food. I have also been aware that my alcohol intake has increased...which is a bad thing. The good thing is that it starts HERE.

I have to make steely resolve to get home from work earlier, redress the work-life balance and spend more quality time doing quality things.

Foot update is that it does not hurt at all to walk, gentle running is OK, but a loose lace-up is definitely required. I don't want to get to have an x-ray only to find nothing, if it is just a very small stress fracture. I am hoping that a bit of rest is going to be just the ticket for a speedy repair.

With this in mind, I am going to have a lighter training week, coupled with a very light 32 miles last week, should allow me to ease back into training.

Jezza has invited me on a night run next week, of which I am very much looking forward to. Bring on the ghosts I say. It will be a good opportunity to get some heradtorch miles in as I'm sure it will be deep into darkest Kent.

1 comment:

  1. Rob, I have sent you a Facebook event invitation via your work email as it is nigh on impossible to find you due to your rather ubiquitous name. I will text you with further details if you need them

    ReplyDelete