Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Some time off to enjoy the cricket


Susie, Anouck and Simi, originally uploaded by ultraBobban.

What a well deserved weekend off with 3 marathons in 8 weeks and up to 90km a week, I needed a bit of R&R, especially since having a viral bug which kept me low for a few days last week. Unusual for me. Anyway with a short run on saturday early, I went off to a wedding on saturday which was fantastic and a day at the cricket with my best mate Simi, his gf Anouck and Mrs UB. England were head and shoulders above the Aussies and it was really good to see how the team has come on in the last 12 months.

No running sunday or monday gave me a revitalised 15 miles tonight and after 5 miles of long slow hill reps I ran to the club and had a great chat with Victoria and Claire. Theme; Isn't it nice in Dulwich and Forest Hill!

Felling great and thinking positive about upping the mileage over the next couple of weeks to over 100km. This will be hard in 2 weeks as I have a wedding in Holland on a weekend. However, come the school hols, I will be running twice a day 3-4 days a week and LSRs on the weekend. At least I will have time to fit in the gym, of which I have not been to for 3 weeks owing to work committments.

Luckily, with regard to the Ridgeway, the checkpoints seem to be at the same places each year. TRA have sent nothing through yet so I am getting a little edgy as to how we can sort out drinks and nutrition. I am looking forward to a feast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment