Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2012

Chill! Put the beer on hold for a while!

I've been buzzing the last few days after deciding to have some time off alcohol from new years eve. Dry Jan is close to 2/3rds done and I have really enjoyed the fitness, positive frame of mind and energy that I have been blessed with over the last few weeks. I'm going to have a beer at the end of the Thames Trot 50, but just one to celebrate and then go back to not drinking very often. There's literally shed loads of cider, beer and wine in the shed from Xmas and New Year. The cupboard is full of wine and spirits but I'm riding the crest of a wave....

My recovery run today started slow. I worried as the machine begrudgingly cranked up and into action for the 1.5 mile run uphill to Georges. It was amazing to see Astrid and new born Joanne who was just the cutest baby I have ever seen!

I have finally realised that recovery run means just that. Recovery. I told George i did not want to dip below 9s which was fine by him. We took in some hills; One Tree Hill and then Forest Hill and the long drag of Friern Road which is a mile uphill albeit at a low incline. After I dropped the G off I ran a long way around the the supermarket to pick up juice and dinner and by the time I had returned home, had rattled off 12.1 miles. The legs feel absolutely fine from yesterday.

Mrs UB and I have just decided not to stay in a hotel on 3rd Feb for the Thames Trot but drive straight there! Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment