Total Pageviews

Monday 16 April 2012

Refuel....

Who ate all the pies? by ultraBobban
Who ate all the pies?, a photo by ultraBobban on Flickr.

After the Black Dog marathon yesterday and an internal fuel shortage, I have been looking forward to dinner tonight for a refuel. Not that I want to eat pies....it will be fish, quinoa, bughur wheat and a big salad. Not even a cider will touch my palate!

After a late finish at work it was time for a recovery run following the marathon. After a creaky start I was pleasantly surprised with an 8.30s, as I had expected to hobble around in 10s for a couple of miles. After Crystal Palace park I decided to pop in some quicker miles and further surprised myself with a couple of 7.30s and after a really hot bath.....the legs are all fine. This confirms my running out of energy theory from yesterday, particularly on the back of a 140km week.

Work now permits me only 60-80k this week so it will be good to get in some recovery time. Ace!

No comments:

Post a Comment