Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 October 2012

Pants

pants by ultraBobban
pants, a photo by ultraBobban on Flickr.

I've mustered up a phenomenal 25km running in the last 5 days. OMG! What is going on? Sunday, no running. Monday, a lovely 9 mile continuous hills up and off the apex of the Norwood Ridge traverse and then a paltry 6 mile run with the club, which included 4 miles of me running before and a mile of running and a slow mile back.

I've been ill, had a heavy workload and have then taken work home. In fact, if I didn't have to do what I had to do, a couple of days in bed dosed up and in a warm cocoon would have been the tonic. So now I sit here feeling pants. Before you call the Police, dear reader, this is a metaphor for illness, rather than some washing line knicker thief-type of feeling PANTS!

I'm off overseas this weekend to go and visit friends and have been tidily roped into an overseas event which, not my liking-style of event, will still be a test of guile and mettle.

I'm just using it as a way to see the sights.

I'm now booked in for the SDW100 for 2013. Having run 23 hours this year I am going to aim for something much better next year. With a bit of luck and a lot of training, I think a target of sub 21 will be my goal. This will be the first of my BIG BIG runs next year. I have a plan for a run longer than 100 but that will be kept close to my chest to avoid any unwanted attention until the event is due.

Meanwhile, I'll fight this cold and come back smiling after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment