Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 February 2013

Planning for C2C London Style

I have a couple of goals for 2013 as regular readers will be aware of. Firstly the SDW100 this year as my second 100 miler. I am also going to be running the 192 mile Coast-to-Coast in August. In between are a cornucopia of races to test myself and build up to these main events.

Tomorrow I am marshaling for the London Ultra with Mrs UB, George, Chris Mrs UB and I are at CP1 . Once the last runner has departed we will decamp, drop the stuff at home and then will be the Official Sweepers for the event. I will now not be joined by Jezza but will run with George to CP3 in Wimbledon and then with Mrs UB to Richmond. She will get the train home and the I will run on to Ealing track and then start on the way back towards home.

London may feel like a lonely place for outsiders, but it is an amazing place to be to be in good company and also to meet new faces, friends and explore new places. Speaking of which I have been researching and have discovered the London Outer Orbital Path or LOOP as it is uncommonly known.

I shall be running the 152 miles of this route in episodes over the next available non-marathon weekends to get some miles in on new turf and discover something more about this awesome City.

http://www.walklondon.org.uk/uploads/File/leaflets/overview_london_loop_30062010111403.pdf

The route looks to take in some amazing places so any takers can contact me to run some or all of it over the next few months.

I'll be taking my new Ultimate Direction PW vest tomorrow........the VEST ROAD TEST.....

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time on Sunday Rob, sorry I couldn't join you but my weekends are sacred at the moment due to the 6 1/2 day weeks. I had to fit my longish run in after my work in London today, it is then I wanted company.

    ReplyDelete