Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 January 2014

Crystal place Parkrun

beware soft mud by ultraBobban
beware soft mud, a photo by ultraBobban on Flickr.

Undeterred by the howling gale and driving rain, I expected a smaller than usual crowd to be at CP Parkrun. Bromley Parkrun was closed due to flooding so the numbers were swelled. Good. More to huddle around at the start! I bumped into Katie on her first parkrun since baby Frank. Tappo was on his way too.

A slight course alteration owing to the flooding and waterlogged ground but a god awful muddy, with some slippy tarmac and lots of areas where the incessant rain had gouged an undulating surface on the gravel. Puddles I went straight through, but fallen branches and trees needed avoiding, as did the half dozen random dogs this morning. I definitely ran within myself today. I had 2 niggles so took it at a reasonable pace and timed in at 22 mins and 15s. CP parkrun has 250ft of climb on the 2.5 laps so for me, an OK time.

No comments:

Post a Comment