Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 March 2019

Battle of Britain Challenge

Entering my 3rd month of Plantar Fasciitis was nothing but frustrating. If I spend time ruminating over this ongoing grievance then I would get myself even further down. I have felt so frustrated. I've sought treatment, I've consulted experts and yet it still persists. When I speak with fellow sufferers on Twitter, it seems this could last forever.....

So I toed the start line with my good running buddy RCW. We basically had a run and catch up over this hilly and windy course on the NDW from Samphire Hoe, out and up towards Folkstone and back again....a few times. I wanted a race to fit in with half term and yet I loathe these lapped courses. I won't waste time rating this race. It was poor. The best bit was catching up with some old friends. The rest......PF failure from 8 miles in. I was a miserable state. I had a smile on my face but it covered a deeper grimace. I hated the tendon under my foot. It hurt. It hurt a lot. I put on a brave face and completed the race. 18th place out of 200. 2800ft of hills in this.

 There is still a brave face in the photo. It was back to the drawing board on the injury. I'll do it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment