Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 August 2010

Bob Graham Round


Approach to Mickledore route, originally uploaded by ultraBobban.

For about 3 years I have been thinking of the BGR. 42 peaks in 24 hours. Looking up at Scafell Pike through the Mickledore Route (although this is not the route I would take!) it seems insane that Joss Naylor can run up and down England's highest peak in well under an hour and the record is 49mins 50 sec to the summit and back down to Wastdale Head car park. I really want to plan for this in 2012 and I think that it would be great to do it as part of a small team. Only just over 1000 people have ever done it and I can see why. Just for the fact that there is so little visibility above 600m on an average day means that GPS is a must! Better start saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment