Total Pageviews

Monday 30 August 2010

Ridgeway Race Report; CP2 to CP3


Approach to CP3, originally uploaded by ultraBobban.

We didn't stop at CP3 at all. We went stright on through and past 7 or 8 runners. It looked a well manned CP with loads of food. Instead we soldiered on and to the meeting point, which we assumed was half a mile or sop onwards. Actually it was about 2 and a half and Immune was out of water.

We had a sock change here which felt like heaven. I really had enjoyed this stage, despite it being the hottest of the day and hilly. The views were just amazing and we got a serious clip on during this part of the race and overtook quite a few runners, seen as we had started the race in the last 5 off the hill at Ivinghoe beacon. What really gave us a boost was the territory was fairly even although there were road sections that were long and I felt for those in trail shoes. I am glad that I stuck to road shoes throughout. I had asked Susie for a shoe change at CP3. On hindsight, I am glad I left it to CP5.

No comments:

Post a Comment