Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 January 2010

Bank of England XC - tea and cake

well I was looking forward to the recovery run to see how the body was faring up since the ultra and to be honest, it felt good until 11 miles in. George, Eric and me donned backpacks and ran up to the river at Battersea. Everything was good until Wandsworth when I had some recurring ITB issue. Note to self.....it is every time I run in the Salomon EXo II tights. So perhaps they might find there way onto ebay and be better for soemone else. I can't help thinking that they are not right for my running gait. Anyway, after a coffee and a stretch we carried on to be met at Roehampton Gate of Richmond park by a field that was at least twice least years. I was on form last year and came 9th, running at about 6.50s. This year I ran round with Susie and supported her, and in the process managed a total of 21 miles. Bank of England XC is a great fixture in anyones calendar and 2 cups of tea, 4 beef and horseradish sandwiches, 2 carrot cakes and a scone later, I felt that I had refueled sufficiently for the car journey home. Early concerns about the knee are no more than a bit of rest, a massage and no Salomon running tights again. Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment