Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 January 2011

cabin fever

I had to get out of the house today. I just had to. It might be the central heating or the car alarm down the road that I can hear, ringing in my ears. I heart Crutchathon-Janathon.

I crutch hobbled to the fishmongers, then over to the butchers. I filled my rucksack with tasty organic fresh fayre. I paid with crisp fat purple twenty pound notes and then across the sun streaked pavements down to the trophy shop. Bag unloaded, I refilled with shiny silverware, cups and medals overflowing out of my rucksack ready for the Dulwich Park Runners annual dinner. Race Secretary duties are not stopped by a broken leg! On again, striding on 3 legs, (2 aluminium) to the DIY store to fill my hoard ready for when my leg is better. Finally down to the supermarket for some bits and bobs, then to the grocers for some tomatoes and pomegranates.

I didn't take my watch so I have no idea how long I was out. I didn't take my Garmin, so no idea how far I went, but suffice to say that I am feeling good about the miles. Its back to work on Monday and I have no idea how I will cope. My usual 12 hour day will take some getting used to, especially as I am sleeping 12-13 hours a day. At least I will be out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment