Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 January 2011

Unused Running shoes


After the trainer wars, originally uploaded by ultraBobban.

2 things sprnag to mind today. Firstly I opened the door to the hall cupboard and looked at the pairs of running shoes. Inov8, Asics, Saucony, more Asics, New Balance, Brooks, North Face and more Asics. I have quite a few shoes! In this none running period, I have a trusty Asics Cumulus on my left foot with a walking sock on my right to keep the cold from piercing my toes poking out of the end of the cast.

2 pairs of shoes, Brooks and Asics Gel Fuji are now on eBay, as they are surplus to requirements. The New Balance will follow as they were a pick up in a sale and don't feel idea on longer XC runs. I'm stripping back to basics. That is what I am going to have to do when I get back to running. I am crossing everything that I might get a weight bearing cast or even an Aircast at my visit to the hospital and x-ray tomorrow morning.

Crutchathon is great, but no substitute for running, just a mere distraction to keep me fighting fit and healthy. Janathon has been much better than willy-nilly crutching around. I have focused the body and mind to completing crutching outdoors everyday, and so far up to 2.3 miles.......and staying off the cider and wine and anything else with alcohol in. This is making me the most positive one legged South Londoner ever. There are things that I miss. Running. Work. But they will return and all too quickly.

I will feedback on the consultant's words tomorrow but knwo that I will be completing at least a mile, possibly more......

No comments:

Post a Comment